Collection of Personal Data
“Personal data” refers to any data which directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual. We collect and use personal data that we believe to be relevant and necessary to conduct our business with you. The types of personal data we collect may include, but not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Unique identifiers such as your national identification number; and
- Billing information such as your credit card number, bank account information, and billing address.
If you choose not to provide your personal data to us, you will in most cases still be able to use most of this site. However, we may not be able to provide you with all of our products or services or access to certain parts of the site which require registration if any.
Use of Personal Data
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:-
- (a) purchase of our products/services,
- (b) processing your application for and providing vehicle insurance and/or financing or leasing of vehicles;
- (c) arranging for the maintenance, repair and other after-sale services of vehicles;
- (d) assessment, maintenance and improvement of our services;
- (e) providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback or claims;
- (f) conducting market analysis, statistical or other surveys, research and studies;
- (g) marketing products and/or services of Inchcape Indonesia and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies and all other incidental and associated purposes directly relating thereto. Please refer to the section “Direct Marketing” below for further information;
- (h) detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may be against the law; and
- (i) for compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We intend to use your personal data for direct marketing carried out by Inchcape Indonesia, and for such purposes your personal data held by Inchcape Indonesia may be provided to any of our affiliates, subsidiaries or associated companies for their use for direct marketing. The intended kinds of personal data to be used and the intended classes of marketing subjects are specified below. However, we may not so use or provide your personal data unless exempted by applicable legislation or we have received your consent.
For the above direct marketing use, Inchcape Indonesia intends to use your name and contact information for the supply of our products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time; and also for marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services and conducting market research.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data supplied to Inchcape Indonesia will be kept confidential. Our employees, agents, and retailers are obliged to respect confidentiality. However, we may disclose such data as required by applicable legislation.
Storage of Personal Data
Due to the international nature of our business, we may process and store your personal data outside Indonesia. We may therefore transfer your personal data to our affiliate, subsidiary or associated companies outside Indonesia for data processing and storage. This may involve a transfer of your personal data to a jurisdiction where the level of personal data protection may be different.
Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the data, we will take all reasonably practicable steps to erase your personal data that is no longer relevant for the purposes for which the data was originally collected and/or based on request from you.
Commitment to Data Security
Security is our top priority. We take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal data will be protected. We use a variety of physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard and secure your personal data from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Please however note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As such, we do not guarantee the security of any data that you transmit to us or receive from us over this site.
Withdrawal of Consent
Should you wish to withdraw or update your consent for us to use your personal data, you can always opt-out free-of-charge by contacting us by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We may require up to 2 weeks, upon receipt of your request, for your request to take effect.
Whilst we respect your decision to withhold and/or withdraw your consent, please be informed that should we not have the appropriate consent to contact you in the mode we may develop for the sales and marketing information, customer care support and all other purposes for our customers, we may not be able to provide you the full extent of our personalised and comprehensive customer experience designed to serve you e.g., invitation to Inchcape Indonesia events, special privileges and offers, or vehicle service reminders, among others.